Our active Environmental team have been busy this year with weekly Thursday meetings in the school board room and with planning different environmental activities throughout the year. Here are some of our initiatives. A special thank you to students Daniel Quigley, Evan Cosgrave, PJ Allen, Oisin Clery, Byrnes, Natachi Offer, Niall Sweeney, Keith Smith O’Brien and Margaret Flanagan. Ms Deirdre Carswell, Ms Mairead Doyle, Ms Mary Enright, Our Caretakers Richie and Cathy Quinn our Ancillary team, Jake, Mark and the School food company and all our environmentally friendly students and staff member.
- Battery recycling facilities,
- Promotion of recycling in conjunction with the school food company
- Recycling in many subject practical rooms, Staff department environmental surveys
- Promoting the use of door signs on all rooms to highlight the environmental initiatives in each office , classroom and practical room,
- E.g. In this room we help the environment by….
- Working together with Ms Mary Enright in our school office for recycling ink cartridges
- Collection time for used ink cartridges
- Working with the LCETB and Aramark to reduce energy costs in our school, our team attended the LCETB workshop at St.Nessans school on Jan 21st 2016.
- Joining the TLC ,team Limerick Clean up , where over 350 students and staff members took time to do a
- Clean up in different areas of our very well kept school. Easter 2106
- Updating our environmental notice board
- Working with Sinead McDonnell in the Limerick city and county council
- Running environmental competitions in school. This term we invited staff members to display a sign on their door to indicate how they helped the environment. Well done so far to Ms Mary Conlon and her classes in Rm 18 and Mr Bernard King and his classes in Rm 35 who won an environmental goodie bag by members of our environmental team. There is one more draw on Wed May 25th!!
We are open to new members joining each week.
Enjoy a green summer!!